Friday, February 8, 2013

"GO GET A JOB!"

Last week, I went to the market with little asian baby. Going anywhere with a toddler is always touch and go. You never know which toddler you're going to be bringing into the market with you. The little asian baby that WAS happy when you put her in the car could turn into grouchy little asian baby on the 5 min drive to the market because the sun was in her face. Or the little asian baby that had just taken a 2.5 hr nap could still be cranky and irritable. It's like opening an Easter egg. A different prize every time!

Anyway, so after I carried her downstairs, loaded her into the car, drove down the street, unloaded her from the car, carried her into the market, and was grabbing the shopping cart, OF COURSE I realized that I had forgotten my wallet at home.

Joy.

So I picked her back up out of the shopping cart, loaded her back into the car, drove back up the street, unloaded her again, carried her up the stairs, grabbed my wallet....and the whole circus came to town again!

(don't worry, I didn't just waste 2 minutes of your day just to tell you every mundane step to taking little asian baby to the market..)

So as I was pulling into the market parking lot (for the second time in 20 minutes) I saw some open spaces right in front! You know the one. Not the handicap one (which really is the best spot...) but you know the one NEXT to the handicap spot that's close enough to the cart collecting thing so that you can put the cart back like a good citizen and also close enough to the market doors, so if you only had a basket you could carry all the bags without needing a trip to the emergency room for a fractured ulna? (yeah, I know that's a bone in the arm!) I was elated that at least I could get a good spot after all the trouble I had gone through, but upon a further (more detailed) look, I saw a white minivan parked HORIZONTALLY across the spot, therefore blocking anyone from taking it. PLUS TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE!! (well at least worse for me..) there seemed to be two high school kids who looked like they had just stepped out of a Vanilla Ice music video standing next to the van.

Now, if you know anything about me so far, you know that I generally dislike all people. BUT young, clueless, plastic gold chain wearing, hat to the side sporting, baggy pants, hanging out in the middle of a parking lot on a school day hooligans ANNOY ME THE MOST!!!!

Now these two "irritants" were standing with the van door open, talking to some other dude who looked like he was still clinging onto his high school glory days (even though he probably was like 30) and when I looked INSIDE the van, it seemed as if the kids were trying to sell some sort of (probably bootlegged, imitation, made in my momma's backyard) electronic equipment!

REALLY?? ARE YOU FOR REAL RIGHT NOW???

needless to say, I was supremely annoyed and wanted to yell out the window.." GO GET A JOB OR AN EDUCATION!!"

but I didn't because they drove off and I got to park in the "good" spot anyway.

that's it.

-little asian girl

No comments:

Post a Comment