Monday, February 11, 2013

young love.....

In lieu of the upcoming Valentine's day, I thought I'd share my thoughts about love.

Now, I'm sure you probably already know, but I am NOT a hopeless romantic by any means. I play on the "Valentine's day is for suckers" team, and I remember telling my mother in high school that I wouldn't want a guy to buy me flowers, because they eventually die and that's just dumb.

Yeah. I'm that girl.

Asian husband is so lucky. .....right?....

Anyway, the reason why I was even thinking about love, was because yesterday while I was at my local hot dog/corn dog fast food joint, I saw two young college kids on, what seemed like, a date. So after I ordered my 15 corn dogs, 5 hot dogs, 4 orders of chili cheese fries, and a root beer float.........

I sat to spy on observe the two young idiots kids, because I like to be nosy and stare and random people doing random things.

As I watched this young couple, girl foolishly giggling at whatever nonsensical joke the guy was making. They were so googly eyed and in their own world, I thought to myself, "Oh young love. So innocent, so pure, so STUPID!"

Ok, so now that I'm 30, married, with a kid and all, I do feel that I can say with (some) authority what love quite possibly could be and most definitely is not.

As I sat and watched the two googley eyed "lovebirds" I just wanted to pull her aside and say "GGIIRRRLLLL....lemme tell you how this "love story" is going to end.."

To you. Young, naive, blinded by "love" girl who's on a date right now at a fast food joint:

"You're probably thinking right now that this is one of the BEST dates you've ever been on right? You're thinking..OH HOW SWEET!! He took me to get fast food! How cute and romantic! We can share chili fries and I can get a milk shake~ I can tell my girlfriends that we laughed and laughed and made silly inside jokes about the annoying cashier. Then after "dinner" we're probably going back to his place and we'll "do it" all night long on his floor futon! Well, reality is, this guy is (sadly) not the first broke ass loser you're going to date. Fast food and futons maybe seem (oddly) romantic and carefree, but trust me. It gets real old. real fast. You'll soon yearn to eat at a place that doesn't have plastic utensils and when you're prince charming's roommate knocks on the door while the two of you are STILL doing it on the futon, because he can't afford a REAL bed....you're gonna wanna drop this dude in a hot minute!"

So as I grabbed my enormous amount of food and walked out the door, I saw the starry eyed couple get in HER car and I thought..

"yeah..that's definitely going to work.."

*siGh* young love. I hope they have a happy Valentine's day and she doesn't get too awestruck by the ring pop he decides to give her.

-little asian girl

No comments:

Post a Comment