Thursday, November 17, 2011

DON'T take a bite of a pregnant lady's food~

Yesterday I was watching an episode of Friends, and Joey breaks up with a girl because she took some fries off his plate. And as they were playing the scene in slow motion (the reach....the grab....the fries traveling into the girl's mouth as Joey looked in horror and panic from across the table....) I thought to myself, yep, i get that. 

NEW RULE! NEW RULE! 

Don't take a bite of a pregnant lady's food, especially if that pregnant lady is your wife! 

So this actually did happen to me a few weeks ago. Hubby and I were driving home from work on a Friday and when we saw it. THE SIGN.   

 MCDONALDS! FILET O'FISH FRIDAYS 1.29!

WHOOOO HOOO!!! I LOVE FILET O' FISH!!!! I mean say what people want about fast food and mcdonalds and blah bLah bLah balhlsadhfklsahfksdajf;k DELICIOUS!

So we quickly made our way to the drive through line (MOVE OUTTA THE WAY PEOPLE PREGNANT LADY WANTS FILET O FISH!) And I ordered 1 (instead of the 3 that I really wanted, it was after all, pre-dinner time) and was excitedly, gleefully, impatiently awaiting the beautiful white and red bag that would hold my treat. Asian husband got a double cheeseburger. A fine choice, but definitely not a FILET O FISH! Anways, so we got our food and as I attacked....i mean opened the bag. I took a bite of the glorious, fluffy fake bread and fish "by-product" sandwich. DELICIOUS. As I was enjoying my snack, I felt a little bad for chris who had only gotten a cheeseburger, so i offered him a bite of my sandwich. 

Now call me naive, or tell me that I shoulda known better (cuz I probably should have), but I didn't really think that he would take a bite~ I am after all pregnant with the seed of his loins, so shouldn't he want me to take in every bit of life giving food and seize every opportunity for nourishment?? BUT HE TOOK A BIG OLE HONKING BITE OUT OF MY itty bitty SANDWICH! HE REALLY ATE LIKE A QUARTER OF IT! my eyes bulged at the gargantuan bite and there was no hiding my shock and horror! (but he was driving and enjoying MY sandwich, so he didn't notice the eyes) I mean it took everything in me not to gasp and grab the bite out of his mouth. So as I watched the delicious morsel be forever lost and consumed, by the person I know considered an enemy, i thought.......

NEW RULE! NEW RULE! DON'T TAKE A BITE OF PREGNANT LADY'S FOOD. 

luckily, he later redeemed himself by giving me two scoops of ice cream for dessert after dinner.

good boy.

-little asian girl

No comments:

Post a Comment