Sunday, February 5, 2012

Breastfeeding...a family affair?? part 1

It was a bright saturday afternoon. I had been home from the hospital for a few days now and was actually enjoying spending every minute I could with my new baby. I was so happy that my baby girl was here that I didn't mind the explosive poopie diapers, 1am, 3am, 5am feedings, and wished that she wouldn't sleep so much so that I could hold her in my arms as long as I wanted.......

yeah. that got old REAL quick. Now I can't WAIT for her to take her naps, mutter curse words to myself as I'm washing yet ANOTHER set of clothes that she got poop on, and I swear if SHE GETS UP ONE MORE TIME IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT................

*pHew* now that I got that off my chest, back to the what this post was originally about. breastfeeding. is it really family affair???? ....or...just for my family...they do after all have "no boundaries"

So it was a bright afternoon, my aunt jane & my grandmother had wanted to come over to see the baby. I didn't mind, because after all, who wouldn't want to show off THE CUTEST BABY EVER!!! (although, looking back on her newborn pictures, she wasn't really that cute. Her skin was all yellow with jaundice, had baby acne, and her face hadn't de-puffed yet...but whatever...CUTEST BABY EVER!!!)

So as we were oohing and aahing over the baby (as if we had NEVER seen a baby before...hahhaa..idiots~) it came time to feed her. So, I picked up little asian baby and started to head off to my room. I figured they came to see the baby full and happy, not cranky, crying and tryingtoripmyfaceoffbecausethe
milkisn'tcomingoutfastenough!!
! *bReAtH*bREatH*CUPCAKE* anyways, I headed off to my room when suddenly my grandmother said, 

"where are you going with the baby?" 

"oh, it's time to feed her so I'm gonna feed her in here."

"why? Just feed her out here! I wanna see how well she eats! Don't you know that babies are the cutest when they breastfeed? They even sometimes play with your other boob while feeding! It's great!!" 

Now obviously I didn't want to be rude (i mean can you say no to someone who birthed and breastfed your own mother?) but I also, didn't want to WHIP out my boob in front of everyone. I mean who would?? well I guess strippers, but at least they get paid for that and last time I checked, this wasn't the 2pm showing of little asian girl breastfeeds little asian baby! Well, I didn't even have time to decide before my aunt jane chimed in by saying "OH I WANNA WATCH TOO! I never breastfed, so i wanna see how it's done~"

seriously people? you really wanna "watch"???? Now I readily accept the fact that my family is inappropriately involved in each others lives, but breastfeeding...really?? So I trudged my way back to the couch and as I sat there with my mother, sister, aunt AND grandmother "watching" the baby breastfeed I thought....... 

well. isn't this awkward.

I wish I could say that the story ends there, but of course...it doesn't. 

but the baby is crying her head off right now so.. 

to be continued......


little asian girl out~

No comments:

Post a Comment