Monday, December 16, 2013

" AAAAANNNNDDDD we're BACK!"

so ok.

I thought I hadn't posted in like over a year. Every once in a while between 2 minute showers and potty training attempts, I would stop and think "Hey...I wonder what happened to my blog? I feel so bad that I haven't posted in like AGES. I think it's been at least a year......oh crap...I forgot to run the dryer."

..................but turns out it's only been 5 months.

I was feeling guilty and stuffing my face with cherry cupcakes for no reason! (well..not for NO reason, the cupcakes are DELICIOUS MAN!"

anyways, so since my last few posts in April about still nursing (YES I AM STILL NURSING MY NOW 2 YR OLD! DEAL WITH IT AND MOVE ON!) and how angelic she looks in that white dress, things are like the twilight zone in that everything is pretty much the same yet completely different.

Little asian baby turned 2 a few weeks ago, can speak in sentences, and has discovered that she can do things like drink from a cup and use a fork all by "herselpbf" (that's how she pronounces "herself") Not saying that she can do things "herselpbf" without a 12 man cleaning crew to sweep up after her, but at least she's exerting (some) (minor) (attempts) at independence.

ok so the black text above was my attempt to return to blogging....FOUR MONTHS AGO! as you can see I started to write, but probably just gave up in exhaustion because little asian baby crawled into my lap and wanted to nurse as i was typing..........oh wait...that's still what's happening NOW!!!!

Ok, back to black text, my aging, little asian girl eyes can't distinguish between pink and white well anymore.....

So like I mentioned above, life is like the twilight zone, in that things remain relatively the same but is completely different at the same time. Little asian baby is a full fledged human being now (not that she was some sort of alien monster hybrid or anything..............) And when I ask her questions like "Do you want chocolate muffin or apple pie for breakfast?" she can respond appropriately AND correctly by saying she wants "hashbrown instead." *siGh*

So it's gotten a lot easier and a lot harder at the same time.

I've learned that although toddlers become SIGNIFICANTLY more independent after turning 2 and things are MUCH MUCH easier because little asian baby can actually talk now. It's also more challenging and annoying BECAUSE they are more independent and can talk now.

Especially since little asian baby narrates her life 24/7 and says bratty things like "Be quai-wat mom" (that means "be quiet mom" fyi.) But I guess as a parent all those annoying, exhausting, makes you want to stab yourself with the straw of your child's sippy cup...moments are all worth it (I was actually going to write "forgotten" but who am I kidding, I don't forget those annoying, exhausting, wannaa stab yourself times times..do you?) anyways, all those bad times are trumped a million times over by the moments when little asian baby wants to "squish" my face while giving me vice grip like hugs and puts my bra on her head and laughs hysterically.

SO hopefully I will have a little bit more time to blog now since I can say stuff like "BABY! MAMMA IS WORKING NOW SO YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR ME TO HELP YOU MAKE FRUIT SALAD IN YOUR KITCHEN!" and asian baby actually understands and says "ok mamma boo boo princess maam".

yes...she actually says "mamma boo boo princess maam"

-little asian girl (FINALLY) back
....although it took me more than 4 months to write this ONE post.


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I can't say say how happy I am to see you back at blogging! Nice to have you back (for now ;-)) I missed your funny stories! Happy holidays girl!

    ReplyDelete