Tuesday, December 31, 2013

"Nothing bad ever happened to a man who listened to his wife!"

I thought I would start my first post of 2014 with wise words from my dear beloved grandmother.

So I haven't written about my lovely, witty, and no filter grandma in a long while. She's still the same fiery spirit she always has been and she still CONSTANTLY asks me about little asian baby #2 (not happening g-ma!) and is APPALLED....APPALLED I TELL YOU that I'm still breastfeeding!

But I love her dearly and since my grandfather passed recently, I do worry about her more than I used too.

HOWEVER.....

She does still have a lot of years left in her and she recently gave me a jewel of wisdom that reminded me once again how wonderful (and helpful) she really is to me!

I was chatting with her on the phone the other day and telling her that asian husband caught a cold and before I could say anything else she said:

"It's because he goes out wearing nothing! Tell him to put some more clothes on!"

Now asian husband is not a stripper nor does he have a fabric allergy of any kind. He just always is "hot" and usually just wears a t-shirt and jeans unless it's 32 degrees outside....then he'll throw a dress shirt over the t-shirt. woo-hoo.

So I said to my grandma:

" Grandma! I always tell him to wear more clothes, but he doesn't listen!"

And that's when she dropped this little gem.

"Nothing bad ever happened to a man who listened to his wife! Tell him that!"

PREACH IT GRANDMA!! LOVE YOU!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

-little asian girl

No comments:

Post a Comment