Thursday, January 16, 2014

Playing with your toddler. A how-to post by Little Asian Baby!

Ok mamma's and papa's.

Little Asian Baby here. 

Listen up. 

My fellow play date mates and I have decided to help you out. Parents are always saying that there should be a "manual" or "how-to" guide when it comes to parenting. So I, Little Asian Baby, have taken it upon myself to educate the many, MANY parents out there who just want to have a successful, happy and tear free (I'm talking to you mamma about the tears!) relationship with their toddlers! And although some parents can't be helped even with a 10 day seminar, some parents just need a few tips and tricks!

So here is the first of what probably will be MANY posts about how to become a well trained parent.

HOW TO PLAY WITH A TODDLER
Four tips on how to a have a tear free, drama free, frustration free play time experience with your toddler

Tip 1.
When I (the toddler) asks you, "Which one do you like?" know this. It's a trick question. Parents, do not actually CHOOSE the one you prefer. Instead, you must stop. wait. and accept whatever I decide is the "one you like." And do not assume that just because I gave you the chocolate cupcake this time, that's the "one you like" every time. So just to be safe, practice tip 1 at any and all play time events. 
Remember. Stop. Wait. Accept.

Tip 2.
When you find my princess lego pieces in my play kitchen sink. DO NOT! I REPEAT DO NOT! Move the lego pieces back to their container. They are MY toys, I will play with them however I please. Sure Mr. Dinosaur is not SUPPOSE to be wearing sparkle bracelets and hold the magic wand...too bad. Accept it and move on. 

Tip 3. 
Sure yesterday the VTECH Alpha Train was my favorite toy. I played with it ALL day and even sat on it for meals. TODAY however, "I'm done with that". Don't even ATTEMPT to get me to play with it. Also, reference Tip 2 and don't move it. (even though I parked it in the MIDDLE of the living room) Don't move it.

Tip 4. 
You must follow ALL the tips, every time, in order to have a successful, happy and tear free play time event. Don't assume that since you didn't move the puzzle pieces out of the shape sorter set that you can go choosing willy nilly what color crayon you should draw with. 

*siGh* raising parents is hard...



-little asian baby  

No comments:

Post a Comment