Tuesday, March 12, 2013

"oh..that's nice."

Is what I said 20 minutes ago at 2:30AM. (yeah that's right I said 2:30AM!!) Ironically or maybe sadly is the more accurate term, it's not the first time I've said "oh..that's nice." at 2:30AM...

I've said it sarcastically before at 2:30AM because I'm annoyed that my biological clock is as all jacked upped due to night nursing and I wake up at random times at night even if little asian baby isn't awake. I've also said it while being SUPREMELY annoyed at 2:30AM, that little asian baby has kicked me (YET AGAIN) during HER peaceful slumber. (Notice I said HER peaceful slumber, because there's actually NOTHING peaceful about co-sleeping with a toddler. They don't even let you cuddle with them while they're sleeping so it's a double boo!) but the reason as to WHY I said it this time might be the first. I can tell you're super curious now as to why I said "oh..that's nice." at 2:30AM and the longer I wait to tell you as to why I said "oh..that's nice." at 2:30AM is just making you go crazy with curiosity. So maybe I'll just type some more nonsense..bLAh BLaH..bLAH BLAH biDDy bLaH BlOOp blah~....

ok ok..so the reason why I said "oh..that's nice." at 2:30AM (yeah yeah, I know it's getting old~) is because I got my "monthly cycle"! HURRAY, and I am actually genuinely happy that I got it. Since asian husband and I are not planning to have another child until our current child can speak in complete sentences I am genuinely not bothered by the fact that I got my period. YEAH THAT'S RIGHT I SAID PERIOD!

period.

Anyway, I was kind of getting nervous, because I had gotten my period in the month of January but not in the month of February and was considering taking a pregnancy test...but fortunately my body has saved me the agony/stress of taking the test and the whirlwind of questions that chaotically swirl through your mind as you wait for the stick to reveal one line or two...oh and 11 dollars since that's how much a box of tests costs..so...

I'M GOOD!

And although I know that when nursing mothers start getting their cycle back it can be inconsistent... I realized that I was just trying to convince myself of that fact, and was hoping (more so than I thought) that I would get my cycle soon. So here I am at what is now 3:30AM, squandering my precious sleeping minutes away to blog about the AM event that surprised and affected me enough that I felt the need to blog about it IMMEDIATELY.

Of course I know that, I'm not the only woman in the world who is happy when her cycle returns, although I might be the only woman who feels the need to blog about it. Idiotic teens who "forget" to use birth control/condoms and drunk club girls with questionable decision making skills can probably relate..but I thought it would give you something to read and maybe you'd get a chuckle or two out of it.

The only downside to the cycle returning, is now I have to tell my grandmother (yet again) that I'm still not pregnant and hear what she has to say. yay.

** side note  **
When I told my grandmother that I hadn't gotten my period last month, this is what she said "PLEASE DON'T GET IT! PLEASE DON'T GET IT!" and even as I write this I wonder why I even tell my grandmother these things. OH RIGHT IT'S BECAUSE SHE'S WEIRD AND NOSY AND ALWAYS ASKS! I gotta stop visiting her.....

-little asian girl

4 comments:

  1. Hi friend! Maybe your number 2 will conincide with my number 1. But gees... I can't ever imagine a time when it will be good for number 1. How are you? I'm so busy that I haven't blogged. Do you still see my sis?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that must be Asian Baby's "oh that's nice" face so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your grandmother sounds like my mom. Oh my goodness the nosiness never ends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I here ya Heather! Everyone else in my family is pretty good about keeping to themselves, but boy oh boy my grandmother!

    ReplyDelete