Sunday, August 12, 2012

if "Jake and the Never Land Pirates" were REAL life~

So now that little asian baby is old enough to be occupied for good amounts of time with TV......

**gAsp~ aCk! THE HORRAHH THE HORRAHH~! I'm letting my baby watch TV!! I can feel the looks of horror coming from the snooty, judgmental, perfect mommies out there who only let their kids watch 1 hr of tv a day, read books to them morning, noon and night, play classical music for their brain development, and only feed them organic kale and acai berries~**

anyways, yup, my kid watches tv. A LOT of tv. basically I turn it on for her whenever we're home. Sometimes she'll watch it, sometimes she won't. It's basically like white noise to her. HOWEVER, (to make myself feel better more than anything) I only let her watch disney junior THE CHANNEL. (they always emphasize that....THE CHANNEL) I can sing every theme song, can name all the characters, and know every catch phrase. I can tell you what comes on from "Imagination Movers" at 7:30am to "Guess how much I love you" at 8:30pm. They play new episodes only on Fridays, (but not every friday) and they like to play the same 5 episodes all the time. Can you tell I've been watching Disney Junior THE CHANNEL... a lot??

Anyways, one of little asian baby's favorite (at least the one that she'll sit and watch for more than 5 min.) is "Jake and the Never Land Pirates" It's basically about three little pirate kids Jake, Izzy and Cubby who are also best friends. Their pet parrot Scully and of course Captain Hook and Mr. Smee. They run around the islands day after day without any parental supervision, solving "pirate problems" and collecting little gold coins to put into their "team treasure chest" and according to my calculations, those kids are billionares by now, so maybe we should try to find Pirate Island..

Ok, now back to the point...as I was watching an episode today, I had a thought......if you transplanted these kids into some cheesy, overly dramatic drama that played on CW or something it would basically be like Gossip Girl or One Tree Hill. (Now I realize, that unless you have kids and know something about the aforementioned cartoon show, you will have absolutely NO idea what I'm talking about and you'll just think i'm just a crazy, stay at home mom who should lay off the glitter sniffing and should switch to sugar free cupcakes, but bear with me...) Jake is the cool, dashing leader of the pack. Izzy is the cute, all natural, sweet as pie girl that everyone is in love with. Cubby would be the chubby side kick that always gets looked over and Marina (the mermaid) would be the bitchy, jealous, pretty and popular one. (she does after all have purple highlights in her hair!)

So it would probably go something like this. Jake and Izzy would be in love with each other, but Marina would also be in love with Jake and she would try and sabotage Izzy and Jake's love by trying to drown Izzy in the ocean or something. Cubby (who is also in love with Izzy and has always been secretly jealous of Jake and has always had to deal with the conflicting feelings of friendship and hatred for Jake) would try to "be there" for Izzy as Marina is playing out her evil plans and Captain Hook would be like Marina's evil uncle while Mr. Smee would be the kind butler.....or something like that.....it's not like I put a lot of thought into it or anything.......

I think I've been watching too much disney junior THE CHANNEL.

-little asian girl out.

gotta watch some news.

or at least something that doesn't involve overly upbeat children, a catch phrase, and bright colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment