Tuesday, August 28, 2012

"it's just what grown ups say."


Is the answer my mom gives A LOT when I question her cock-a-ma-mie "wives tales" about things in life. Which definitively proves that she has NO CLUE what she's talking about....well...SOME of the times she has no clue. Most of the time she does.

Anyways, last year when I was pregnant everyone and their mother had some old wives tale that they knew of to predict everything from the sex of the baby to when the due date~ And now that little asian baby is here, they now have tales that predict when little asian baby #2 will arrive and what the sex of that baby will be too...

 *siGh* people are weird.

So here are some NEW cock-a-ma-mie (like my phonetic typing?) tales I've heard. On a side note, my family has already been waiting for me to become preggers with baby #2 pretty much since the day I brought baby #1 home. So i've been hearing these tales.........A LOT.

- If a baby sucks her thumb then the next child will be a boy. If she sucks her index finger then the next baby will be a girl.
*little asian baby sucked her right thumb and her left index finger...what does that mean...twins?*

- If a baby drapes things around her neck the next baby will be a boy. If she tries to put things on top of her head then a girl.
*little asian baby tries to drape things around her neck...so boy?*BUT it also may be her attempt to commit suicide for having such clueless and lame parents!

-If a baby keeps trying to look between her legs then that means mommie is pregnant.
* little asian baby does do this, but I'm NOT pregnant....at least I'm PRETTY sure i'm not*

-When mommy's new baby hairs grow to about 2 inches, it's time to get pregnant again.
*I'm letting my hair grow to the ground before I get pregnant again.*

Whether these things are true..probably not. BUT "it's just what grown ups say."

-little asian girl

No comments:

Post a Comment