Thursday, January 3, 2013

"It's cuz your boobs are always out!"

Today we had a fun early morning play date at Little O's house. Little O is super cute and silly now and she and Kathryn are (sort of) great friends. Aside from the occasional pushing each other off of the riding toy and yanking the boogie bus away from each other. They get along fine.

Little O and Little Asian Baby playing peacefully with each other. Notice how Little O is all cute and petite and asian baby looks all giant standing next to her? And they are only 1 month apart!

Little O's mommy and I are great friends too. We talk to each other at least twice a week and I feel comfortable sharing things like "hey did you know I found a clogged pore on my nipple yesterday?" and when I say things like that to her, she appropriately responds by saying "It's cuz your boobs are always out, so you notice these things!"

Now she wasn't saying it to be critical. I mean I'm not that neighbor down the street who wears her clothes too tight, too short and too low cut for the viewing public. You know the one..she doesn't own a bra and can always be found shamelessly flirting with all the married men on the block? Yeah that one. But the point is, I try to cover all my body parts, the private ones especially, at all hours of the day.

HOWEVER, since I am still a nursing mother, my boobs do make an appearance every 3-4 hrs depending on the day. SOOOO, Little O's mommy was just referencing that since I nurse and see my nipples a lot, I notice these things.

And she is right.

Funny the things that women who are friends can talk about without feeling awkward or embarrassed. At least I hope Little O's mom wasn't feeling awkward and embarrassed.....maybe I should ask her next time.....

Anyways, back to the clogged pores. Now I know you think it's weird. Heck, even I think it's weird. Why do you think I had to tell someone other than asian husband? The internet didn't tell me anything like this would happen, so I didn't expect it. Who even knew that nipples had pores and those pores could get clogged?

Well, they say you learn something new everyday, so I guess that was it for me yesterday!

-little asian girl

No comments:

Post a Comment