Wednesday, January 9, 2013

"You must not have children..."

Sorry I haven't been blogging much folks, but our life has been, dare I say....uneventful? And of course as I say this my dishwasher is exploding and the oven has caught on fire....

Well, not really, but isn't it just the way life goes. As soon as you say something isn't or is a certain way, EXACTLY the opposite happens?

So, anyway, our life has been pretty uneventful and normal for a quick minute. Therefore, I have nothing interesting or even boring to say. But today, little asian baby and I went to IKEA with Little Man Wy and his mommy. If you can recall from last year's Halloween post (I can't believe I'm actually saying "last year" like it was so long ago...) Little Man Wy is the only boy in our little play group. Here he is pretending to be a cowboy at our house:


He is a red sox fan as you can see by his t-shirt and loves Yo Gabba Gabba. Super cute.

Anyway, so Little Wy's mom and I went to IKEA. Not only is that place like a playground for adults, but a GIANT playground for kids as well. I mean isn't it a toddler's dream to have essentially a GIANT un-childproofed house to play in? Couches, chairs, dining tables, beds, TV screens that you can actually touch without mommy saying "NO NO NO!!" Plus lots of sharp edges and unlatched drawers to hurt yourself with.

AWESOME!

I love ikea. Every time I go there I want to redecorate my entire house, and my mom's house, and my neighbors house...the doghouse. So as we were walking around, we ended up in the section with all the entertainment units and book shelves. It wasn't a particularly crowded afternoon and we were the only two moms with kids there, so we let the kids run free. FREE I TELL YA! I have to CLEARLY state though that Little Wy and Little Asian Baby are NOT the kids you see jumping on the furniture while squeezing juice out of the juice boxes to see how far it'll spray. NO NO. Our kids are pretty well behaved, so it wasn't like they were causing commotion. Little Wy's mom and I were keeping an eye on them to make sure they didn't push over any displays or pull the table cloth off of one of their meticulously set dining tables. Spoons, plates, forks, napkins, fake plants centerpieces were all still intact. (well except for this weird looking candle holder thing that Little Wy got a hold of, but it was ugly and he didn't break it or anything so...moving on.) Basically we were being good mothers as well as good patrons of the beloved store.

HOWEVER....the employee who was manning the entertainment unit area apparently didn't think so. She didn't actually SAY anything to us about our kids running around, but she was straight up GLARING at the kids as they were playing. And I mean if she glared any harder, her eye sockets would have burned up from the rage.

Little Wy's mom later told me that she was about to say to the employee, "You don't have kids huh?" but held her tongue. Good for her. She really is a super lady! Anyway, it did make me think though about all those people who don't have children and still think it's ok for them to judge what REAL parents do even though they have no FRICKIN clue. Or what's worse to me are those parents who DO have children, but have conveniently "forgotten" how difficult it is to raise them. It makes me so irritated that I'm sitting here with an annoyed look on my face and am rapping the keys of my keyboard a little bit more intensely than usual. Good thing asian husband is in the garage and not here to witness my rage.

The point I guess I'm trying to make is...if I ever see that yellow shirt wearing, glaring at my kid behind her goofy glasses, ikea employee again I'm going to hand her little asian baby and watch as she struggles to quiet my screaming child and see if she'd rather have me let baby run around playing nicely or screaming in her face.

There probably will be no more glaring after that.

So aside from the annoying employee and a minor choking on a strawberry incident little asian baby had, we had a great time.

THREE CHEERS FOR IKEA!

-little asian girl

Little asian baby pretending to "sleep". She really loved this bed...maybe it was the stripes or maybe the  pillows. In any case we hung out here for like 10 minutes! Maybe this bed is the key to getting Little Asian baby to sleep on her own....

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh.. your two kids are the sweetest ever. I am so very jealous you both were at ikea. On a "work" day. Maybe when I have baby #1, you will have baby #2 and I can join you girls on these outings!

    ReplyDelete