Wednesday, January 2, 2013

"Bring to me the good news this year ok?"

Said my grandma to asian husband and I when we saw her to commemorate the new year.

Now, I would like to say that she was waiting to hear the gospel yet again, but she was not.

Translation...

"Get pregnant"

Yup, so it begins. Not that my family hasn't already been on the quest to impregnate me for the second time, because they have. (I just realized that sounds kinda weird and gross...) But what I'm trying to say is that my family has been waiting for a second little asian baby, well, since I became pregnant with the first little asian baby. (Reference this post here) I mean, old granny over there kept telling me to take a pregnancy test every time I saw her starting from like month 3 postpartum, just to "make sure". And if I had really done so I would have spent hundreds of dollars in pregnancy tests by now, because those things ain't cheap honey.

I can't lie and say that I HAVEN'T thought about having another baby, but I'm not thinking about it enough to actually throw caution and panties to the wind. Nope. Caution and panties will stay put for the time being. I do find it funny however, that in the baby forum where all of the parents have children born the same time as little asian baby, the post titles have gone from "BABY HASN'T POOPED IN 57 DAYS!" and "IS YOUR BABY HUGE TOO?" to "TRYING TO GET PREGNANT" "I'M OVULATING RIGHT NOW!" "TOOK A TEST TODAY WISH ME LUCK!"

to which I always reply.."Girl~ You CrAzzEe!"

and as I told asian husband the other day, when my answer to the question "Are you going to have another one?" stops being "OH NO! NO..NOT NOW. NO."

maybe then I'll be ready..you know...to throw caution and panties to the wind.

-little asian girl

1 comment:

  1. oh goodness I do have that thought too that you'll have a 2nd one but I'm not like crazy compared to the family I just hope you do get one :-P

    ReplyDelete