Monday, December 31, 2012

"She looks single..but she's not."

Is what someone said about me recently. I didn't know whether to take it as a compliment or an insult. Did this person think that I acted like a single person instead of a wife and mother? Or maybe they thought "How can she always be so put together, wear 4 in heels, bake 2 dozen cupcakes AND have a toddler???"

Whatever the case, I opt to believe that the latter is true. (Yes, yes, all the months of having all of the vital nutrients sucked out of me by little asian baby due to breastfeeding has made me delirious and delusional.)

Anyway, it got me thinking about my single days. My "glory days" as asian husband pointed out.

OH HOW I MISS THEM SO!

The days where waking up "early" meant anytime before noon, dinner could be eaten at 9:30PM, and your DVR recordings were filled with trashy reality TV shows and episodes of Grey's Anatomy instead of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Bubble Guppies. You could go clubbing every weekend dressed like a hooker and people thought you were FUN and HOT instead of irresponsible and slutty. The days where instead of disposable diapers you had disposable boyfriends and the only REAL responsibility you had was to make sure to remember to take your birth control pill everyday.

Am I right?

Not that I don't love my life now...... ... .. . BUT when I think about who I was then and who I am now it's a WORLD of difference. As I told my mom friends this past weekend,

"I used to be the girl that all the guys would buy drinks for and now...I'm the mom that bakes."

Oh well, I guess it's good that my life has evolved and grown, because if I was STILL that girl who dressed like a hooker out in the clubs every weekend and sleeping in until noon with my disposable boyfriend.....

I'd have my own reality TV show! (Or at least be a cast member in one!) And 20 something year olds the world over would have MY show recorded on their DVR!

-little asian girl

No comments:

Post a Comment