Thursday, December 6, 2012

"goo yahb maahm."

So I posted the other day that little asian baby has Rotavirus. She is getting a lot better and she had one full day of no vomiting or diarrhea. The other day though when the virus was still running rampid she vomited all over the floor. Now if I had just plain old hard wood floors then I could have just wiped with wet paper towels, wiped again with disinfectant cleaner, wiped a third time with another wet paper towel to make sure that all the cleaner had been wiped up and been done with it. (As you can tell, I am a tree killer who uses a ZILLION paper towels for one vomit incident. Sorry tree huggers save some extra paper towels for me! Thanks!) BUT, we have these giant puzzle foam mats on our floor to protect little asian baby from bumps and bruises when she falls. (Asian husband and I are safety nuts like that.)

SOOoo when she vomited, it got into the cracks of the mats. Lovely I know! So I had to pull up the 4 GIANT squares..well first I had to remove little asian baby from the premise, change her clothes, my clothes and wipe us both down. THEN I had to remove the GIANT squares, carry them dripping with throw up to the bath tub, hose them down with boiling hot water, all the while making sure that little asian baby was ok. After ALL that I exited the bathroom with little asian baby in toe, sighed a big sigh, and baby uttered those precious words...

"goo yahb maahm."

Translation: "good job mom"

THANKS ASIAN BABY!! THANK YOU! I LOVE YOU!!

Oh the days when I just had to plop little asian baby down and she would just "stay" there...
-little asian girl

2 comments:

  1. oh so sweet, that's an adorable pic, yes, those days, I miss them too, our lives were so much easier back then :-)

    glad to hear she's improving, I know what it's like, not the best time about being a mama

    big hug and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete