Thursday, December 20, 2012

"Stop it...mamma's napping.."

Is what I say to little asian baby as I try to nap along side her.

Well actually, she has already finished with her nap and is ready to continue with her day. I on the other hand, well, am not.

Like any mother,

well like any mother who still nurses her toddler,

and whose toddler only takes one nap a day,

and still doesn't sleep through the night.....

*siGh*

she, meaning I, am very very sleep deprived. I basically haven't had a solid 8 or even a solid 4 hours of sleep since little asian was born SIXTEEN months ago. People think that gold or diamonds are precious commodities, but I don't think so dude (yes, I feel comfortable enough with you to start calling you "dude" and "man") But anyway, in any household with young children, sleep is the most precious and elusive commodity around. I mean most of the time I have no clue what day it is, what time it is, and the last time I took a shower, I completely forgot to wash my body. I just shampooed and conditioned my hair. Sad thing is I didn't even realized until hours later. Oops! Luckily I didn't venture out into public that day, and only asian husband knew what I had, or should I say hadn't done. And the next time we meet, we can all just pretend I don't smell like diaper cream and baby food. Thanks man.

So with all that being said, I try to nap whenever baby naps, but like many stay at home moms who still have to cook and clean and take care of the house I rarely get to do so. However, today I had no laundry to fold, no dishes to wash, all the Christmas presents were wrapped, so I decided to get a few extra Z'z in. (no that wasn't a typo, just showing you how clever I am!) I think I was asleep for maybe 15 minutes when I felt little asian baby roll over me. Yes you read it right, she rolled OVER me. Little booty, legs, and feet in my face and all.

"Stop it...mamma's napping."

Then she decided to try and pull the pillow out from under my head. I guess her logic was, "if momma can't use the pillow then momma can't sleep." At least she's exercising her problem solving skills right? SMARTEST BABY EVER!!

"Stop it....mamma's napping."

When the pillow thing didn't work, she proceeded to LIFT MY FACE! She straight up put her hands under my head and tried to lift, sound effects and all.

"OK OK!"

Next time I'll just sleep on the couch.

-little asian girl

No comments:

Post a Comment