Friday, December 21, 2012

"oh my."

Is what I said to myself as I glanced back at little asian baby sleeping in her car seat while we were driving to Little O's house for our first Christmas party. Which was SUPER fun by the way! Little O's mom almost took herself out when the champagne cork popped unexpectedly and Baby M's mom almost had a heart attack right there in the kitchen. Good times. Unfortunately, since I'm a lame photographer, these are the only pictures I have from the whole 3 hours we were there. Don't judge me.

Little Asian Baby waiting for something... Little O enjoying a beverage.

ahh! There it is the BUBBLE! Little O still enjoying her beverage.

and !POP! Little O done enjoying her beverage
Anyway, like I said. Fun party. Ok so now back to the point.

As I have mentioned before, traveling anywhere with little asian baby is always an unpredictable venture. Sometimes she'll be perfectly content for the entire trip as long as I play the same Mickey Mouse clubhouse CD OVER AND OVER again while she fiddles with her sun shade, and other times as soon as I open the car door to put her in she starts becoming the spawn of satan. And although she would be perfectly happy bouncing around like a pinball free and unrestrained in the back of the car...the laws of motherhood and this great nation of ours requires me to use a car seat. Don't get me wrong, there are many more good days than bad, now that she's getting older. And I think she understands that sitting in the car seat is NOT negotiable. (although she does try and try and try to renegotiate the terms all the time) However, on the bad days, and especially when she is tired, she screams and squirms and wiggles and writhes...(sounds like an excerpt from one of those "teaching a lesson" stories...like Hansel and Gretel or something..poor kids...) and lately she uses every fiber of her being to try and get out from under the straps. Of course she is unsuccessful, because they make those things so that even Houdini himself couldn't get out from them, but she pulls and yanks and screeches and shrieks (there's that story again..) and when she finally tires herself out she looks like this...


Now as you can see, little asian baby is no longer centered in the seat. She has managed to push herself all the way to one side, using the door as leverage. (as shown by her foot still up against it) She also used her right had to push herself away from the right side, hoping to just eject herself out sideways. She did manage once to free one of her arms from under the straps, but I blame that on poor execution of the initial putting baby in car seat technique. Anyways, so when I finally looked back at little asian baby and saw her like this "OH my" is what I said. Then I promptly pulled into the next available parking lot and shifted her so that she was centered, upright, and not in an acrobatic pose.

So until our next car trip...

-little asian girl signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment