Sunday, October 28, 2012

When in doubt, whip it out.

The boob that is.

When you're a nursing mom, this is a motto that you live by.

Baby's crying. Whip it out.
Baby's got hiccups. Whip it out.
Baby won't go to sleep. Whip it out.

Basically the boob solves all problems.

So was the case recently when little asian baby and I went to a friend's house for a play date. My friend's sweet little daughter little O was sleeping soundly upstairs. Little asian baby decided to snack on a crayon while I wasn't looking. When I proceeded to take the crayon away from her to prevent rainbow colored poop (ironically though, she tried to eat a brown crayon) she let out an ear piercing screech, threw herself on the ground and proceed to throw the loudest tantrum in the history of tantrums.

As my sister would say..."dramatic much?"

(Hmmm..I wonder where she gets that from?....)

Anyways, the tantrum little asian baby threw caused little O to wake up from her slumber and all I could do to stop the madness was to whip it out and attached little asian baby to my person.

...BUT by that time it was too late and little O was fully awake from her nap. I was horrified at little asian baby's behavior and very, VERY remorseful. As any parent knows, naps are like oxygen. You AND your baby need them to survive. If your baby misses a nap, or a nap gets cut short for whatever reason you feel like stabbing yourself in the eye with a pencil...(dramatic much? seriously...) Oh, and you also want to stab whatever entity caused the disturbance too. If someone said "Give me everything valuable that you, your mother, your grandmother, your best friend, your second cousin twice removed uncle's brother have ever owned and I will make your child never miss a nap in their life."

You'd do it in a heartbeat.

So you can see why I felt so bad about the whole situation. If I were little O's mommy I would have been like "get out." and I was definitely prepared to just pack up and leave. LUCKILY FOR US THOUGH... little O's mommy is a great person and was very gracious and understanding about the whole thing. She even offered me breakfast casserole after bringing little O down from her room.

That's when you know you've got a great friend. After your baby wakes up her baby, she still offers you breakfast casserole and a beverage.

So moral of the story is, to prevent little asian babies from waking up other babies from their naps be ready to whip it out BEFORE taking the crayon away.

-little asian girl

Little asian baby and Little O "playing" together at the pumpkin patch.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe little O was taking a nap. Just kidding. She's nap queen. Or would that be O's mom?? Either way... I'm jealous the four of you girls got to hang out and eat breakfast casserole. Maybe on my next day off....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me smile, cause it's so familiar LOL except in our case the motto is: when in doubt, put it in. What you have with a boob, we have with a pacifier :-) That thing has been such a lifesaver on so many occasions :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so funny!! I remember that situation clearly!......and everything turned out OK huh?? Little O was just fine ;-)

    Breakfast casserole's for all!!!

    Oh I love the picture of the two of them "playing" <3

    ReplyDelete