Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Adventures of Little Asian Girl.

The title of this post isn't a typo. I didn't finally lose my mind...although if I did, I guess I wouldn't know..

When I started this blog I wanted nothing less than to have a written record of all the weird, funny and kooky things that happen in my life. And although I can't be funny everyday what happened today reminded me of why I started this blog in the first place.

So it was an ordinary morning and I wanted to take a shower. Normally I would take one before asian husband leaves for work so that he can entertain little asian baby, but since I slept in a little today (GASP!) I couldn't take one while he was around. However, I had to venture out into public today so I decided I would do everyone a favor and take a shower. So I did what any mother in my position would do. I turned the TV to little asian baby's favorite channel, left the bathroom door AND the shower curtain mostly open and proceeded to take my 6 5 3 minute shower.

Unfortunately, things didn't go quite as planned....

A few seconds after I turned the shower on, little asian baby decided she would come and see what mommy was doing. Upon discovering me, she decided she wanted to try to "touch" the water that was streaming down from the shower head. I didn't mind much, because at least she wasn't crying or trying to get INTO the tub. She was getting a little damp, but a little water never hurt anything. So there I was furiously trying to shampoo my hair while making sure little asian baby wasn't getting into any real trouble when I got soap in my eye! Now the last time I got soap in my eye was probably sometime in elementary school, but even then I don't remember it hurting SO BAD! Man OH MAN! I don't know what kind of chemicals they put in shampoo now a days, but it makes me want to use little asian baby's soap from now on.

 So NOW there I am trying to furiously wash the soap out of my eye while keeping one eye (literally) on little asian baby whose hair has now gone from being misted with water to wet enough to be sticking to her forehead.

THEN she decided to bring me........the toilet paper.

Now you must know, toilet paper is designed to just disintegrate when it comes into contact with water. It doesn't absorb the water and hold it's shape like a paper towel nor does it just get limp like a napkin. It just shreds into little gross bits of wet pulp.

SO here we are now...little asian baby is pulling the toilet paper off of the roll and ripping it into pieces BEFORE she proceeds to throw it into the tub. She was also getting increasingly irritated, because the paper was sticking to her fingers and face it, no one, not even a baby wants to have pieces of wet toilet paper stuck to them. ew. gross.

So NOW the toilet paper is in little wet pulpy pieces all over the place, my eye is still stinging from the soap, little asian baby's sleeves have started to get wet, and by this time the crankiness has taken over and little asian baby is actually trying to get INTO the tub so I can hold her.

Oh, and I was naked and dripping wet. NOT my finest hour as a parent. So I did what any parent in my position would do. I half ass-ed my shower (managed to shampoo & condition though~) corralled all the nasty bits of paper, dried myself off in a nano second and went to tend to my baby.

pHew~~

What an adventure that was. Good thing I have this blog.

-little asian girl

2 comments:

  1. Why are there no pictures to accomodate this post?

    Hahaha... just kidding. Oh I love your post-baby life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is just hilarious I'm so proud she's trying to help you dry off or something

    ReplyDelete