Tuesday, October 23, 2012

" You don't want to look like a heroin addict do you?"

Is what asian husband said to me after looking at my arm. He was trying to rub gold bond lotion on my arm, thinking that it would help.

" The lotion moisturizes, relieves, protects, soothes & cools! " is what he said.
" I don't need to be moisturized, relieved, protected, soothed OR cooled!" is what I said.

We had just been to the market and I had gotten some spotty bruises under my skin in the crux of my arm from holding a heavy basket. (is that right? crux? is it crook of my arm? That doesn't sound right either...hmmm...the part of my arm where the elbow bends? Oh I know, the place where heroin addicts usually shoot up.)

I should have just gotten a cart, but I always go into the market thinking "I'm just going to get a few things..." and then come out with 4 steaks, a gallon of milk, whatever box of baby cookies that I THINK little asian baby MIGHT eat, and a bunch of other non essential items. This day was no different. I actually just needed some bread crumbs, BUT of course I decided to buy two cartons of juice (they were on sale! 2 for 5 bucks! Holla!), a carton of eggs, 2 cloves of garlic, 3 peaches (for little asian baby..that girl LOVES fruit!), oh, and of course the bread crumbs. All in that little red basket that usually is used only by bachelors and college girls out on a cupcake mix run.

** On a side note, I always laugh when I see bachelors shop, because when I look in their basket they basically all buy the same thing. Packaged lunch meat, chips, beverages of some sort (beer, soda, milk) and sometimes apples. **

Anyway, looking down on my arm it really did look like a drug addict's arm. It was all spotted and red, much like little needle pricks. Needless (ha, you thought I was going to write "needles" to be funny right?) to say, the next day I wore long sleeves, just in case some nosy neighbor looked at my skinny asian girl arms and thought I was a drug addict.

What a funny life.

-little asian girl  

No comments:

Post a Comment