Thursday, November 8, 2012

Dining al fresco and a nap! Part 1

Wasn't as nice as it sounds.

I mean, who wouldn't want to have a nice meal outside and then a good nap? right?

Well it would have been nice, if that's the way things went down. It would have been nice if THIS was the way she was dining....


It also would have been nice if THIS was the way she was napping...


but.....let me start at the beginning.

So because of daylight savings (a stupid thing that we observe if you ask me! They should put THAT on a ballot! They could call it prop? because everything is all screwed up due to the time change and parents don't know when their children will ever go back to their normal schedule...) Anyway, because of daylight savings, little asian baby's sleep patterns have been a little wonky. And because of that, she's been unpredictable and cranky. (although, that may not be because of the time change...she's usually unpredictable and sometimes cranky...) Today was no different. 

We had been running errands around town. We went to the usual spots, Target, Michaels, and we were headed over to the mall to do a return. Little asian baby had been showing some signs of tiredness and irritability, but nothing too dramatic. Plus, she had woken up at 7am so I was expecting her to nap at 1pm. (She has been staying up for 6 hrs at a time for a few weeks.)

Little did I know the outrageous ordeal that was awaiting me.

Now, I say this A LOT, but little asian baby hates all high chairs, strollers, car seats and basically anything that has straps, buckles or ties. (Geez, sounds like I torture my child! "Looks like I'm choking her!") But today, I was filled with an unusual amount of determination, so I buckled little asian baby into the stroller and went about to the store to do my return. Of course, she started to scream and fight against the straps, people walking by probably were thinking, "Geez, that mom needs to control her child!" (YeAh YEAH people, KEEP WALKING!) Fortunately though, little asian baby conceded the fight like Mitt Romney and just sat looking exhausted and defeated. 

UN-fortunately though, it was just the calm before the storm.....

-little asian girl

2 comments:

  1. She's adorable :-) now for part 2 ;-) you got me curious! And I understand the whole straps, buckles, ties thing, my girl is so not liking them, everyday we have a discussion about her straps in the car seat, much better mama to get them loose, especially when mama's driving :-s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Those picture are so cute of her! Pretty pretty little asian baby :-)
    Girl! I hear ya about the whole time change thing! They TOTALLY should put that on the ballot!! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete