Monday, November 26, 2012

"She is asian you know..."

Wise words spoken by Auntie S at dinner last week.

We were at a restaurant and little asian baby was playing with chopsticks. I was commenting on the fact that little asian baby LOVES playing with chopsticks and Auntie S said...

"She is asian you know."

hahaha. I guess that's true. I have often wondered if because, we're asian, we're drawn toward things that are asian. You know like chopsticks, white rice, sushi, math problems... Come to think of it, little asian baby used to love eating just plain white rice. She would listen intently when someone spoke Chinese. And some of the few words that she does actually, say, know or understand are Chinese as well. Not to mention that a lot of her babbling words sound like words you would say in Korean or Chinese and people who speak either Korean or Chinese sometimes interpret her "words" as those two languages.

FOR example..We went to the doctor's office one day (our dr. is Korean) and when the Dr. came in, little asian baby started screaming and saying "ahh nee ya" which actually does mean kind of like "No, I don't like"  and the Dr. was like "OH, ahh nee ya? Ok, Ok sorry!" and once my grandmother tried giving little asian baby a bite of yam and she said "Ahn muh guh" which means " I don't want to eat that". So weird, because I don't really speak Korean to little asian baby. Asian husband doesn't speak Chinese to her either, but she picks up words like "Hao Pahng!" which means like "Super!".

Oh well, like I've said before, I guess little asian baby is a genius! (It must be because she's "double" asian like asian husband always says. haha.)

Mensa here we come!!

-little asian girl

little asian baby using chopsticks as drumsticks. SHE'S SO SMART AND CUTE!!!


1 comment:

  1. She IS smart and cute!! And I didn't know she was "double" asian. She's going to be mensa to the second power!!

    ReplyDelete