Thursday, November 29, 2012

That's growth people! That's growth!

A few weeks ago, I wrote a post about my crazy shower incident with little asian baby. So today when I decided to take yet another shower sans asian husband at home, (apparently I didn't learn my lesson the first time!) I proceeded with caution. And also made some changes to my approach.

First, there was no announcement of my intentions to take a shower like the last time. There was no "OK...mommy is going to take a shower now.. Look, look here..mommy will be right in here ok?? I'll leave the door open so you can find me! If you get scared I'll be right here! Come find me!!" 

nope. none of that. 
Like the little mice in Cinderella trying to sneak pass Lucifer the cat, I made my way past little asian baby without so much a peep. (or should I say squeak?)

Secondly, when little asian baby found me in the bathroom, I didn't engage her in any way. I mean I tried to make the situation as boring and normal as possible. NOTHING TO SEE HERE BABY. NOTHING TO SEE! I mean yess, yess, I know mommy taking a shower in the middle of the day is not something you see happening quite often..but NOTHING TO SEE!

Thirdly, I made sure to keep the soap AWAY from my eyes!

Well, little asian baby did find me in the shower after about 30 seconds, but this time she just said "TA DA!!!" gave me a slightly confused look and walked out. No attempts to touch the water, no toys were thrown in the tub and DEFINITELY NO TOILET PAPER! (THANK GOODNESS!!!! TA DA!!)  

Now I'm not sure if I can credit my new tactics or if little asian baby now knows "oh, mommy taking shower. ok. bye bye." but all I can say is...

That's growth people! That's growth!

-little asian girl

1 comment:

  1. possible that she figured your reaction last time was not a good thing to repeat. gotta love that cutie patoot!

    ReplyDelete