Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween..Oh how I feel indifferent to thee..

Halloween is not my favorite holiday.

 Maybe it's because I grew up in a DEEPLY religious household and I was always told that Halloween was the devil's holiday. ( I don't think that now btw, I know the devil doesn't celebrate "holidays" he's too busy being hot and all...) Or maybe it's because instead of wearing the princess fairy costume like I wanted in the school Halloween parade, my mom always made me wear my Korean folk dress and called it my "costume". Or I just wore no costume. And although I did dress up as a sexy cat once or twice in my club hopping days......I don't partake in the festivities now. 

Basically, as a happy and upbeat person, I'm just not into all the blood and gore and stuff. I don't like to hear ear piercing screams or see blood squirting out of eyes and other orifices. And if I want to eat an entire bag of mini reese's pieces, I'm not going to wait until the calendar says Oct. 31.

However, in order to give little asian baby a more well rounded life, and to prevent her from saying things like "My mom NEVER let me dress up." or "We NEVER went trick or treating, we just went to church."  I did get her a (sort of) costume and we went to our friend's house to have our FIRST HALLOWEEN PARTY EVER! But of course because I'm me I didn't buy her like a FULL on costume. I just took half of a regular outfit and half of a store bought outfit and "made" her a costume. She was cute though! Here are some pictures of her and her adorable little friends~

And as always this was the best we could do with "staging" or "posing" the kids. Once we got them outside they scattered like ants.

little asian baby dressed up as a feline of some sort.
Little Man..Batman that is. The only boy in the group.
Baby M and Little O aka. Tinkerbell and UNIVERSITY of Arizona Cheerleader
(NOT Arizona State. Don't get it twisted!)
What a Happy Halloween! 

And thanks to our great friend Stacy who opened up her home and had a WHOLE halloween themed spread which included ghost shaped sandwiches, glow sticks and goody bags for the kiddos! Oh and that giant pumpkin on her front porch. I'm a dope though and didn't take pictures of the spread..oh well..I'll take pictures of the next Halloween spread she makes. ;)

-little asian girl

4 comments:

  1. Yaaaaay!! I"m so glad we were a part of your first halloween party!! It wont be your last either!! More to come :-D We all love being with you and K. Oh and I LOVE that first picture of K! She's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they all look so cute in their outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. University of Arizona.....not Arizona State. Get it straight girlie! :-D


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had so much fun! I love our lil playgroup, our kids are adorable! Btw, if you guys don't already know, I'm a freak for the holidays halloween and Christmas ;)

    ReplyDelete