Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

"My mom says, they'll just come to OUR house for Thanksgiving." asian husband said.

"Oh." is what I said.

"No, no, no. Oh NO..uh oh." is what little asian baby said. (well, ok she didn't say that, but she DOES say those words VEry VERY often, so it could have been true.)

And that's how this year, Thanksgiving ended up being at our house. NOT that I really minded. I mean yes, our house is just a small 2 bedroom condo, with only one oven that the 18lb turkey which cooked for 4 hours had to share with all the sides and fixin's. And once my 7 year old niece asked me why I didn't want a "bigger" house, BUT I have been called the "asian" Martha Stewart, so hosting parties of any sort is well...
kinda my thing~

Actually.

It's REALLY my thing.

I LOVE HOSTING!!!

I LOVE the planning, the shopping, the cooking, the putting out of platters and pretty plates. I LOVE setting the table and making table decorations, rolling the silverware in a napkin and tying it with a pretty ribbon....*siGh* I just LOVE it all! (Can you tell I really LOVE it?!) If I really did have a bigger house with enough chairs for more than 6 people and more than one area of the house to congregate in, I would host parties ALL THE TIME! So even though it took me 1 whole day of shopping, 2 days of prep, and 3 straight hours of actual cooking which didn't include the 4 hours for the turkey to cook (and a partridge in a pear tree!!! Oh wait, wrong holiday..)

I STILL LOVED IT ALL!!!

Here are some pictures of the glorious day~

Mini turkey decorations for the table

Table settings.

Full Thanksgiving spread, wine included!

Hope your Thanksgivings were as wonderful as ours was this year! 

-little asian girl

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Jamie!! This looks wonderful!! I think I"ll have Thanksgiving with you next year!! :-)

    Great job girlie!!

    ReplyDelete