Monday, November 5, 2012

"Oh, I thought you were 28..."

Ok people.

The rumors are true.

This is my last month, actually my last 21 days, as a 20 something person. (I didn't know whether I should write, girl, woman, crazy person?...so I just settled on regular person.) But yes, I am turning 30 this month.

"You're turning 30?" asian husband replied. "I thought you were 28."

nice.

I didn't know whether I should have been insulted that he thought all along he was still married to a 20 something and now his world has been rocked because he's married to a woman whose 30!! Or should I have been flattered that he thought I was STILL 28?

He recovered pretty quickly though and said "it's because you're ageless."

nice.

I'll take it.

I don't mind that I'm turning 30 though. I never have been one of those people who make a big deal about birthdays and my age. I'm not going to lie about my age and tell people I'm still 75 when in fact I'm 100. In fact all I want for my birthday is a nap. Oh and a dozen cupcakes. Doesn't matter which order they come in.

Just a nap and a dozen cupcakes.

-little asian girl

1 comment:

  1. Well I hope you are able to receive those items for your bday. I can totally give you the dozen cupcakes....not so sure about the nap though.. hubby will have to help you with that :-)

    ReplyDelete