Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"You can't be funny everyday~"

Is what my mom said to me. I was lamenting about how, since now I have TONS of followers on this little blog of mine, I feel pressure not to disappoint. I feel like every post should contain the same amount of wit, candor, confusion, and humor that my readers have come to expect. I'M TRYING TO SET A STANDARD HERE PEOPLE!!! I think it was my mom's attempt to encourage me or something, but even as I write this post a day later, I'm still not sure...

I got to thinking about how a lot of good things self destruct from the pressures of fame and fortune. Heroes, The Office, Lindsay Lohan....all cut down at the pinnacle of their success because they couldn't hack it! (I know The Office is still on, but ever since Steve Carrell left I feel the show has gone down the deep dark tunnel that leads to cancellation and not syndication) And although fortune from my blog currently eludes me, I am becoming pretty famous.... (HA! is heard around orange county were all of my followers currently reside...how sad. I don't even have any followers outside one county.) Anyways, the point is, I hope that I can keep entertaining my audience with the random stories of my life, and I am totally always appreciative of the time and effort it takes to read someone's blog after a busy day.

So if you see a lifetime movie where Lucy Liu plays a crazy little asian girl who once had a successful start to a blog but became another bloggywood statistic and was overcome by her addiction to cupcakes and all things sparkly you should know that they're talking about me. But I guess until that happens, I'll keep on writing this blog and remember what my mom said.

OR I'll just copy and paste the address to this post after every future post I write.

-little asian girl

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I know how you feel about having to post something everyday (which never happens for me) and keep some form of entertainment going. But no worries girl! Like Stacy said, just be yourself! I am entertained with ANY story from your life :) And I also like how you are beginning to post pictures! I love that! Post more photos and you will get followers from a different county! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes yes, I finally learned how to post pictures onto my blog. And YES YES I had to ask for help doing it....more than once...

      Delete
  2. Just found your blog and I'm loving it! Your post made me smile, cause I felt and still feel like that most of the time LOL I prepared lots of posts before leaving on vacation, only to find that I got hardly any page views or comments, but the next week when I didn't post anything, it was completely different. Well, we all have to start small.

    How about a new follower outside Orange County, how about a different country and even a different continent :-) Following your blog as we speak! Now you can go tell your mom you even have a foreign follower :-)

    love from Belgium,

    Cindy

    PS: feel free to come and visit my blog!

    ReplyDelete