Thursday, September 13, 2012

cakes and crafts~

So along with child rearing and blogging, my other hobbies include cooking and crafting. And although I am not a novice baker, I am a novice cake decorator and that's why you can see all of the off set spatula marks on my cakes. I do have to say though that I am an EXPERT crafter, and if I could just figure out how to get on that TLC show Craft Wars, I would. So if you ever run into Tori Spelling on Rodeo Drive or someone asks you "Hey do you know anyone who wants to be on Craft Wars?" Tell them little asian girl is interested.  Also, if you ever came to my house I would show you my dedicated "craft room/area" and show you my vats of scrapbooking paper and craft supplies. I have enough foam, glue, glitter and paint to rebuild hansel and gretel's house into P-diddy's mansion. Anyways, here are some pictures of the latest things I baked and some pictures of craft things i made here and there~ OH, and some pictures of little asian baby's first birthday.

lemon blueberry cake with lemon icing. 
ombre (or as my hubby affectionately calls it...tye dye) vanilla cake
Lavender and lemon cake. I was trying to practice the frosting technique with this one.
baby bird cupcakes for a baby shower
flag cake for this past fourth of July
wedding favors for my best friend's wedding 
paper topiaries for little O's 1st birthday!
the party we had at our house for little asian baby's friends
the cookies were NOT tasty, because of the royal icing I used..but at least they were cute!
I bought this handy little pom pom making contraption thing at michael's to make these
I just snatched ALL the paint sample swatches from home depot in every color I wanted to make these. My mom said it was very "ballsy" of me....that's how I roll mom. Ballsy. 
I used the hearts that I punched from the paint swatch cards as "confetti" on the table
cupcakes I made for the family birthday party. Yes yes , we had two parties. Oh and that's little asian baby in her little Korean dress and asian husband. (he's not like little)

So here is a little look into our world! Can you tell I just learned how to post photos to my blog and that's why I photo-bombed you!

-little asian girl

No comments:

Post a Comment