Sunday, September 9, 2012

"You still have a choice! SAVE YOURSELF!"

Is what I said to my husband today while we were driving to my in laws. No, it wasn't that he could jump out of the car before getting there. (my in laws are great btw, great parents, grandparents and in laws to our little asian family so i'm just being dramatic) We were talking about how we never get "alone" time...AND BEFORE YOUR MIND STARTS GOING IN THE GUTTER!!!!! (geez..ppl! read a newspaper or watch some CNN!) I am referring to "alone" time as time for each of us to spend by ourselves. alone. Without each other or little asian baby around. I was asking hubby if he missed partying with his friends or going racing at the track, stuff he used to do before he was married with a mortgage and a wife/kid to support. Things that people do before they become grown ups with actual grown up things to do like going to work on time and replacing words like sH*t and f**k with "please" and "thank you". He thought about it for a sec and said "No..now if I have time to do something I'd rather stay home, sit naked on the couch and watch tv with the air conditioner blasting!"

"You still have a choice! SAVE YOURSELF" was my reply.

I don't know if it's because I'm a nursing mom or if little asian baby is just a momma's girl, but I can't leave her for more than 2 hrs before she either needs to be nursed or just starts losing it because she needs mommy. And most of the time I can't even leave her for more than 30 min. (it's not as wonderful and sweet as it sounds people...CAN I HEAR AN AMEN! that's the baptist preacher in me btw..I can also feel the glaring eyes of judgement coming through the screen from all the mothers who are against "attachment parenting" and were sending their children to Africa for summer camp by the time their kids could walk, but WHATEVER!)

So, even though I can't leave little asian baby somewhere and go off by myself to buy some shoes, eat a hundred cupcakes, take a few shots...at least I can give my hardworking hubby some alone time so he can sit on the couch naked while watching tv with the air conditioning blasting.


-little asian girl AND little asian baby out!


1 comment:

  1. Nice picture of little asian baby and daddy.
    P.S. Im never sitting on your couch again (sorry chris) hahaha.. JUST KIDDING!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete