Saturday, September 15, 2012

Two things I recently learned about driving..

The next time a police officer pulls you over for going 90 mi/hr on the freeway, tell him that you didn't realize you were driving that fast, because you were SO FOCUSED ON GETTING YOUR 1 YR TO FINALLY TAKE HER AFTERNOON NAP!!!! *bReaTh*BrEaTh*bReAtH* whenwilltheangelfoodcakeintheovenbedonedamnit!

sorry, let's try that again.

The next time a police officer pulls you over for speeding, tell him that you were in the middle of velocitating. When he gives you a confused and annoyed look, tell him that you recently learned the term "velocitation" which occurs when you unconsciously go too fast on the freeway. But don't tell him that you learned that from the traffic school you recently went to for the last speeding ticket you got. 

Yesterday I was driving home from another outing with little asian baby and my sister, and she told me that phrase, because when I looked down at my speedometer I was going 90mi/hr. When I asked how she had known that term, she said she learned it at traffic school. When I asked her why she had gone to traffic school, (our conversations move at a snails pace as you can see) she told me that actually my mother had the traffic school and she just picked up a few things here and there. She also told me (in the same sentence) that my father had gotten a ticket the same week that my mother did, by the same cop, at the same intersection.....(deduce from this information what you will about my own driving skills.) I hope the city of Norwalk appreciates the effort my family is doing to up their city's revenue. You're welcome!

So velocitation is the first thing I learned about driving this week. The second thing I learned is that semi trucks are not only useful for transporting cheap, made in china knock offs to department stores and swap meets, but also for providing shade cover while driving in 108 degree weather. So next time you see a semi truck, drive up along side it! Give the truck driver a friendly wave of appreciation! Enjoy the shady cover and watch your cars' temperature reading thingy go down. (mine went down a whole 5 degrees during my 10 min ride!) Never mind the annoyed and confused looks that the other drivers will most likely give you, because you're driving erratically. Just let them speed angrily by, at least you're cooler (literally and figuratively) than them! Just hope that they know the term "velocitation", because they'll probably get pulled over for speeding and I'm sure the excuse "sorry officer I didn't know I was speeding because I was looking at this little asian girl driving next to a semi truck" will NOT get them off the hook. 

drive safely and stay cool!

-little asian girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment