Monday, September 10, 2012

"No one ever starved because they were too smart!"

Is what my grandmother told me when I said little asian baby isn't much like a baby at all. She seems more like a very small, kid. I mean i know she's a "kid" but she just seems more mature than a 1 yr old should be. (and I'm not just saying this because she's my kid, TWO other people have said it as well, so it must be true.) Anyway, my grandmother always tells me weird things like that when I voice concerns about little asian baby.

Me: "Grandma, I'm kind of worried that she's not eating much"
Grandma: "No one ever lost a race because they were too thin!"

Me: "Grandma, I'm kind of worried she's not talking yet"
Grandma: "No one ever got into trouble because they didn't talk much!"

Me: "Grandma, I'm kind of worried she doesn't poop everyday"
Grandma: "Nothing goes in, so nothing comes out!"

????HUH???? What you say???
yeah, that's the look I give her a lot of the times. Things must get lost in translation....or she's just losing her mind now that she's 79. My grandmother. Oh how I love her. She is my mother's mother and little asian baby's great grandmother. She is fiery, sharp as a tack, loving, caring, raised 5 kids of her own BUT she also wouldn't hesitate to cut you in a knife fight, so..... Oh and the woman can grow ANYTHING. Talk about green thumb, she is a giant green appendage! She once put an avocado seed into a cup with some water and gravel and it grew into a plant. She also recently put a yam half into a glass with water; it sprouted and the plant has grown so tall that she has tethered it to a wire up against the wall.

Fire hazard anyone?

Do I smell toasted yams?
YuM!
Oh wait no...it's just grandma's house.


We're lucky to have her in our lives.

-little asian girl

3 comments:

  1. I love Grandma she makes life interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom and grandma seem so awesome!! I've gotta meet them one day! You could be our translator :-)

    ReplyDelete