Friday, September 21, 2012

"What's this dry patch on my arm?? Why is it green?? Why is it flaking off??"

"OHH, it's avocado, pineapple, banana puree."

I can see you're confused. Allow me to elaborate.

As I was driving today, I happened upon a dry patch on my arm. As I continued to pick at the "patch", it started to flake off. Not that this isn't actually a normal thing that has been happening to me ever since little asian baby was born. (Pregnancy SUCKS all the life out of your skin, hair and nails..I mean after the prenatal vitamins have worn off that is.) But it was still a surprise.

As a mom of any age child,  you happen upon "mystery stains" all the time. Some you can identify right off the bat, but others take a little investigating. Little asian baby is against all things that confine her to one space for more than 5 secs so during mealtimes I have to let her sit in her own "grownup" chair. But usually she just runs around like a wild animal and I just throw the food around for her to find. (well, no I don't do that...but I do chase her around trying to feed her 1 oz of food! I consider it my exercise.) Therefore, while I was feeding her the avocado puree concoction, she basically used my arm as her napkin.

I find myself asking a lot of these "Hey..what is that??" questions and here are some that I remember from recent days.

"Hey, did I get a new mole here? Oh wait, no...it's dried bbq sauce."

"Hey, little asian baby, why is your shirt wet back here? Is that water? Oh wait, no...it's pee."

"Hey, what is this crusty white stuff on my shirt sleeve? Is it boogers? Oh wait, no...it's cupcake batter.

YUM!"

-little asian girl

2 comments:

  1. I am cracking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi friend... the thought of any left over food on my arm supplies my resistance of child bearing for many more months than is necessary! But just so you know.. I do enjoy the stories... keep them coming...

    ReplyDelete