Thursday, September 27, 2012

"Do you want to go for a walk?"

I should have just said no. I should have known better. I should have told her I have roseola so I can't go out in the sun. It must have been the dogs, the kids, the parents all running around in circles, that made me temporarily insane.

So I said..."sure!"

FACT: Little asian girl DON'T "exercise". (I'm wagging my finger at you as we speak...*wAG*wAg*) The only time I ever exercised, was during my pregnancy when my dr told me I was gaining weight "too quickly"....BUT I WAS GROWING A HUMAN BEING INSIDE ME!!! Do you know how many cupcakes it takes to do that successfully?? A lot doc. A lot.
FACT: "Exercise" is a BAAD word in my book. Along with words like "low fat" and "sugar free"
FACT: When sending asian husband to the market, I specifically tell him things like "Make sure it doesn't say part skim or low fat!" and "Don't buy it if they only have the "healthy" ones.."
FACT: I think I was just overcome by my friend's optimistic tone and go go go attitude. (She is really a very happy and energetic person!)
FACT: It was a "HIKE" not a "walk". We walked up this VERY STEEP hill. It was like a 10 degree incline! It might even have been 18 degrees!!

I am what some would call an uptight uptown princess. I like my environments to be clean, well kept, quiet, air conditioned, and well, frankly, indoors. I don't like to sweat or feel hot. Parts of my face melt and I get raccoon eyes because my eyeliner runs. So was the case with this little "walk" we went on. After we got back to my friend's house I was about to nurse little asian baby, when my friend informed me that a "man" (that's what she said "A man will be coming over to pick up Melody...so don't be scared if a man walks in~" Melody was the sweet little girl that my friend was watching today because of a random no school day)

Anyway, so as I was sitting on the kitchen floor nursing, I thought.."well isn't this interesting...I wonder what "the man" will think if he happens upon me here...." He'd probably have some thoughts of his own like:

"Who is this sweaty little asian girl?" "Why is she sitting on the floor breastfeeding?" "Why are her eyes like raccoons?" "Why is she so sweaty?" "Where is my daughter Melody?" "Is she in danger from this seemingly odd little asian girl?"

I wouldn't have blamed him...I would have thought the same.

So the moral of the story is..if a very optimistic and energetic friend asks you if you want to go on a "walk" with her...just say no. Stay indoors and keep your face from melting.

-little asian girl

p.s. The walk wasn't really THAT bad.....I suppose.... It was only like 5 minutes and we only went up one slightly inclined neighborhood street. I just like to be dramatic. It's what I do. Besides, the rest of the play date with my friends was very very fun!

1 comment: