Tuesday, September 25, 2012

This is one for the books!

So I took little asian baby out with me on a Michael's run. (Did I mention I'm an Michael's Craft Store addict? I used to go once a week and could name the location and prices of almost all the items...from memory.) Anyways, I was trying to time my errand (as all mother's do) around her nap, so that on my way home from the final destination she would fall asleep.

BUT ALAS THE PLAN FAILED! (of course, like all things you "plan" with babies do) and she fell asleep before my last market stop. Not wanting to go out yet ANOTHER time just to pick up a few items (those of you with children know how DAUNTING even a short trip to the market can be) I decided I would just risk waking her up (and what a R I S K it is!) and just take her inside in my baby carrier. Well, I am please and frankly quite AMAZED to announce.....

SHE SLEPT THE WHOLE TIME! 

now let me break it down for you~ I transferred her from the carseat, to the baby carrier, around the market, through the check out (and a big thanks to the nice lady who let me go in front of her! She must have kids..) then BACK INTO the carseat to go home, out again and up onto my shoulder to go into the house and then I laid her in bed.

SHE SLEPT THE WHOLE TIME!

Those of you with children understand what a great feat this was and those of you who don't have children....trust me...it was a great feat. Right up there next to giving birth.

and now I'm sitting here blogging and eating rice krispie treats in peace and quiet.

YAY!

I also just realized I went parenthesis happy in this post. (sorry guys!)

-little asian girl

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love when that happens :-)? I totally understand how that feels, hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie that's awesome!! Your little Kathryn has mad, out and about sleep skills!!

    ReplyDelete